Resources for health and self-awareness
- The Kiersey Temperament Sorter is a useful self-exploration tool related to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. Take the test online.
- Concerned about depression? Here’s a brief online screening for depression, as well as basic information about depression.
- If anxiety is a concern, visit calmclinic.com for help in understanding and controling anxiety and panic-related problems.
- Health risk assessment tests can help establish your level of overall well-being. Check out how to establish your “Health Quotient” via RealAge.
- Interested in information about club drugs like ecstasy, crystal, etc.? Visit the National Institute for Drug Abuse.
- Worried about drinking? Here’s a self-assessment for alcohol problems from the National Council on Alcoholism.
- Thinking about quitting smoking? Quit Smoking Community is a great resource. And find out what the EPA has to say about second-hand smoke.
Job and career resources
- Quintcareers.com is a comprehensive resource for job changers looking to develop a sophisticated approach to the search.
- It can be a challenge to find the best job search resources out there; About.com has a comprehensive list that’s worth a look.
- The Georgia Department of Labor offers a variety of resources to unemployed men and women in the Peach State.
Sexual and reproductive health resources
- The Guttmacher Institute, a great site for sexual health information.
- Planned Parenthood, for information about reproductive health and avoiding unintended pregnancy.
- The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy.
HIV prevention and health
- The Centers for Disease Control is a good resource for HIV scientific and statistical information.
- thebody.com is a comprehensive site for living well with HIV.
- poz.com is a great resource for men concerned about HIV, living with HIV or newly-diagnosed.
Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender resources
- Don Clark, Ph. D., renowned psychotherapist and author (San Francisco).
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Round Table, resources from the American Library Association.
- International Foundation for Gender Education
- Matthew Shepard Foundation for a variety of information on gay youth and opposing hate crimes.
- White Crane Journal, the premier resource for gay male spirituality for more than 15 years.
- The Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network — working to end bigotry in our schools.
Atlanta-area LGBT resources
- Gay Spirit Visions. An organization promoting Gay men’s spirituality, particularly in the Southeastern United States.
- The Galano Club is a twelve-step resource for GLBTQ people and others in Atlanta. It hosts Alcholics Anonymous, Al-Anon,Narcotics Anonymous and other support groups.
- Atlanta Crystal Meth Anonymous
- Lost-n-Found Youth is an Atlanta organization providing crisis support to homeless and at-risk LGBT youth.
Erotic healing resources
Massage therapists and bodyworkers I respect around North America:
- Don Shewey in New York City
- Mark Bednar in New York City
- Sequoia Thom Lundy in Vancouver
- Michael Riley in San Diego
- Timothy Kocher-Hillmer in Pittsburgh